Friday, March 13, 2015

Something Different

My doctor surprised me with her words yesterday; it was  the last person I expected to hear anything encouraging from. She took a long look at me and smiled a wide excited smile. "You look beautiful," she said, "something about you, are you doing anything differently because it's showing." If she only knew. 

I laughed it off and thanked her greatly, sincerely, but indeed if she knew what "differently" was, she probably would've never associated that with what she saw. In a way though, I felt like again, God was showing me just how much He loves me and uplifts me. 

In the day following a change in my life recently, I spent the day blaming myself, asking many a question, looking for answers, feeling helpless, feeling confused. That day was met with the most unexpected of conversations with two friends who had long lost contact. I began to smile, laugh even. In a weird way, I felt like God had given me flowers. A small encouragement to show He'd never left.

The following days consisted of God's healing and loving hand on my heart. I set new goals for myself, I decided to follow my convictions on other matters and decided to live every single day as a gift.
I decided I would let God romance me. 
I decided to seek the king's heart.

So I've risen up out of bed every day with great expectation. Every day I've dressed myself spiritually in joy and physically as if I was going out on a date.
Because the truth is, I am.
                Every day I'm on a date with He who loves me bigger than the universe, He who will never let go, and He who has given everything for me.
And I want to be ready.
               Because yesterday He showed me He was watching. 
Because He's given me every day as a wonderful gift.
                           And I want to be presentable and beautiful in His eyes.
Inside and out. 

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;[a]
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness. -Lamentations 3:22-23


No comments:

Post a Comment